Fitness Quest

I just turned 34 years old on August 15th and I have a problem...I want to change my body. In the next six months, I am going to get healthy.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baseline

On Friday, I had my body composition tested using the bioelectrical impedance method.  This will be my baseline test to assess progress throughout the next six months.  Every six weeks, I will re-test and my reports will be trended.  I hope to link them on this blog.

I was unable to get a copy of my report because the printer toner was down, but I remember some of the key metrics...
18.9% body fat - better than I expected
56% water by total weight - lower than expected, target is 61%
7.1 Phase Angle - 7.0 or more represents above average cell health

Takeaways:
1. Drink more water to cleanse.
2. To lower body fat, increase muscle.  Eat more protein.
3. Cell health can be improved by eating better foods.  As my bad eating habits of the not too distant past are further and further in the rear view mirror, this score should improve...

Any thoughts on bioelectrical impedance testing for body composition?
Read more on Body Composition Testing Methods

I am looking for suggestions for an affordable, undenatured whey protein isolate (prefer: individual packets).  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of bioelectrical impedance body comp testing?

How much cardio should I incorporate into my exercise regimen? (Assume 3 times/week)

What type of cardio?